Alpenglow Mountain Festival
Each winter, Alpenglow Sports hosts a 2 week festival to profile winter sports of all kinds. Many events are held at Tahoe XC as well as other venues around North Lake Tahoe. Mountain Festival Info
Great Ski Race
The Great Ski Race is one of the largest Nordic ski races west of the Mississippi and is the main fund raising event for the Tahoe Nordic Search & Rescue Team, a non-profit all-volunteer organization. Ski from Tahoe City to Truckee. More Details
The Alpenglow 20k Race is one of the most scenic and iconic freestyle Nordic races in Tahoe. With 20k, 10k and 5k options this race is perfect for every level of skier. This point-to-point Nordic race starts and finishes at Tahoe XC and is one of the final events of the Alpenglow Mountain Festival. Read more about registration and day-of details.
Tahoe XC Winter Discovery Center and SWEP are the happy recipients of the Winter Wildland Alliance Backcountry Film Festival fundraiser on February 27, 2019. All proceeds from entry and raffle tickets support educating local 3rd, 4th and 5th graders about winter safety, snow science, cross-country skiing all with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) curriculum in the yurt. If you don’t know the amazing work that’s happening in the Tahoe XC yurt, you need to learn more.
- WWA Backcountry Film Festival doors open at 6:00pm; show starts at 6:30pm with intermission for raffle
- North Tahoe High School auditorium; limited seating, so get there early!
- $10 entry and additional cash-only raffle tickets ($10 for 10 tickets)
- All proceeds to go to Winter Discovery Center & SWEP
- Buy tickets and preview the film lineup. Don’t miss Tahoe’s very own WWA Ambassador, educator and athlete, Brennan Lagasse, in Westward: Brennan Lagasse, on the signficance and impact of the backcountry.
One of the largest Nordic ski races west of the Mississippi, the Great Ski Race is the main fundraising event for the Tahoe Nordic Search & Rescue Team, a non-profit, all-volunteer organization. Start at Tahoe XC and ski or snowshoe 30 kilometers (18.43 miles) to Truckee.
The fastest time is 1:06:51 – can you beat that? Don’t worry, the slowest time is about 7 hours. Registration is now open at TheGreatSkiRace.com