Strider Gliders is an 8-week, after-school program for children 4 to 11 years old. It’s activity-based, teaches ski and snow skills and is all about having fun! This is our 20th year at Tahoe XC!
Introduce your child to cross-country skiing, a healthy physical activity that they can do their entire life! Strider Gliders provides age-specific, group lessons.
- Cost: $115 per child if registered prior to October 28, 2018. After that date registration is $140.00 (includes 8 lessons & seasonal equipment rental)
- Start Date: January 7 2019
- End Date: March 11, 2019
- Ski weekly from 3:30-4:45pm at Tahoe XC
- Nearly 200 young skiers participate each season
- More than 50 volunteer instructors make this program affordable.
“Cross-country skiing has taught my 4-year-old to balance on snow, and it’s making him a better downhill skier, too!” -Nick Mitchell
- Strider Gliders meets as scheduled; however, if a group misses a day due to inclement weather, we will try to provide one makeup day.
- Children must be 4 years old by January 1st to participate.
- Participants are placed in groups by ability level. Your child’s ability level may not align with his or her grade level.
- Strider Gliders is unfortunately beholden to the weather. We will do our best to get 8 weeks in, but if there is not enough snow the season may be shorter.
How to Register
- Visit our online registration site and register (New registration video tutorial).
- Choose preferred day based on the choices listed below. Please make a note of which day you register and which group your children are in. This will make that first day run smoother.
- Attend equipment issue day. Please attend one of the two scheduled equipment issue days. We do not have the resources to issue equipment on an individual basis outside of these days and times. Your child must be present to try on equipment.
Participants are placed in groups by ability level. Although the groups roughly correspond to grade level, your child’s skiing ability may not necessarily be aligned with his/her grade level. If you have a child new to cross-country skiing in the 2nd grade or above, please contact Tim Hauserman to determine his/her ski group. We will do our best to schedule your child on a day that works for you.
- Preschool - Tuesday or Friday
- Kinder - Monday or Wednesday
- 1st Grade (Orange) - Monday or Friday
- Beginner Green Skate Skiing - Monday or Tuesday
- Intermediate Blue Skating - Monday or Wednesday
- Intermediate Violet Skating - Monday or Wednesday
- Advanced Red Skating - Wednesday
- Biathlon* - Friday
*add-on, only available to Blue, Violet, or Red skiers
Equipment Issue Dates and Times
Sunday, December 9th, 3:00-5:00pm at Tahoe XC
Wednesday, December 12th, 3:00-5:00pm at Tahoe XC