Major fundraiser for TCCSEA youth programs.
Your participation and donations allow us to fulfill our mission of promoting a healthy, outdoor-oriented lifestyle for children and adults through education, cross-country skiing, and other self-powered recreation. Stay informed by signing up for our newsletter.
Read our COVID-19 Operations & Safety Plan before arriving at Tahoe XC. All details and events subject to change based on safety and government directives.
Safety is Our Priority
For our first annual Bike & Outdoor Gear Swap, we’ll be operating under the assumption that COVID-19 safety guidelines are still in place. Be prepared to follow safety guidelines and read this entire page before registering to shop at the first annual Tahoe XC Bike & Outdoor Gear Swap.
2021 Swap Details
Date: Sunday, June 13, 2021
Location: Tahoe Cross-Country Lodge
Registration: $10 suggested donation
Proceeds support Tahoe XC Youth Programs
Food Trucks: Men Wielding Fire will be selling to-go food from 9:30am-12:00pm
- We are limiting capacity to 25 guests per 60-minute time slot
- Online pre-registration is required; there are no drop-ins.
Registration is Required
- The $10 registration is a suggested donation that supports TCCSEA Youth Programs; and it is required to complete your online registration. If this presents an obstacle for you, or you would prefer to donate less, please contact us.
- No refunds will be offered for any reason; thank you for your donation.
- Registration does not guarantee entry. Entry may be denied to anyone not following recommended safety precautions, or by government directives.
Be a Safe & Swift Shopper
- You will have 60 minutes to complete your shopping.
- You may arrive anytime during your reserved time slot, but all purchases must be complete before your time slot expires. Please be aware of the clock and help us maintain our schedule by making your purchases early.
- You must wear a face mask to be admitted into the swap.
- You must maintain 6 feet of physical distancing from anyone outside your household at all times.
- If you are feeling ill or have been exposed to anyone testing for COVID-19 or showing flu-like symptoms, do not attend the swap. Do not come to Tahoe XC.
Selling & Dropping Off Gear
Thank you for selling new and used gear at ourfirst annual Bike & Outdoor Gear Swap. 20% commission of sales go to supporting TCCSEA youth programs. We will be operating under the assumption that COVID-19 safety guidelines are still in place. Be prepared to follow safety guidelines and thank you for helping us reduce contact and increase safety throughout the gear check in process.
- Review what we are accepting and not accepting carefully
- No items are to be priced at less than $20
- All gear will quarantine for at least 48 hours; no gear will be accepted the day before the swap
- Please clean and sanitize your gear before drop off
- Tags - Pick up your swap tags before you drop off your gear
- Determine what gear you want to sell and take only the correct number of tags
- Pick up tags from Tahoe XC during operating hours only
- Fill out your swap tags in legible handwriting at home; attach tags securely to the corresponding item you plan to sell
- Bring sanitized items, with tags filled out and securely attached, back to Tahoe XC during scheduled drop off hours
Gear Drop Off
- Drop-Off Dates: June 7th, 8th, 9th
- Drop-Off Time: 9:00am-5:00pm (only)
Picking Up Unsold Items
You can find out if your gear sold by calling the shop on Monday following the swap, or by waiting to receive your check in the mail. Pick up any unsold items during the scheduled gear pick-up times. Any gear still unclaimed after 6:00pm will be considered a donation to TCCSEA.
- Pick-Up Date: Monday, June 14, 2021 (1 day)
- Pick-Up Time: 10:00am-4:00pm only at Tahoe XC
Receiving Your Check
Once the swap has been fully reconciled, we will mail a check to you. Tahoe Cross-Country Ski Education Association keeps 20% commission as a fundraiser for our youth programs. Please provide your valid, legible name and mailing address when filling out drop-off forms so we are able to mail your check.
We Accept New & Used Gear
Focusing on human-powered sports, the Bike & Outdoor Gear Swap accepts the following gear:
- Mountain bikes
- Road bikes
- Kids bikes
- E-bikes (class 1 and 2 only; no motorized vehicles)
- Bike trailers & racks
- Bike Accessories
- Hiking, walking, running shoes
- Camping gear
- Summer clothes
- Climbing gear
- Wet suits & shoes
- Carriers, trailers or racks
We do NOT Accept:
- Used helmets
- Used sleeping bags
- Used sunglasses
- Used gloves, hats, or socks
- Class 3 e-bikes, motorized vehicles, or motor accessories
- Items under $20; we will have a free box for donations marked under $20.
- Winter gear. Please wait for our annual Nordic & Backcountry Ski Swap to sell your winter gear.
Purchaser Assumes Risk
When purchasing new and used gear, buyers are responsible for knowing and assuming the risks of purchased gear. Tahoe XC is not responsible for the state, quantity, quality, or safety of the gear you choose to purchase.
Staff & Volunteers
Our success only happens with volunteers! In exchange you get to pre-shop the swap on Saturday evening. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, email us, indicating which shifts you are availble to volunteer for. We need 10 volunteers per the following shifts:
- Saturday night, 3:00pm-6:00pm - FULL
- Sunday 8:30am-12:00pm - Need volunteers
- Sunday 12:00pm-4:00pm - Need volunteers
Saturday night includes tent set up, organizing gear, checking tags. Sunday volunteers should expect to be ticket checkers, parking attendants, floor attendants, gear assistants, or general assistance.
- All volunteers must bring their own face masks and gloves (if you want them).
- Physical distancing of 6 feet of more is required at all times.